Saturday, August 18, 2007

Garden of Life

Hi All!
Sorry for the delay between posts. I have just returned from a totally exhausting and utterly exhilarating week hidden away in a hotel in the mountains. I was there teaching a course in ethics and nanotechnology to around 20 people working on PhDs in science. The students were all fantastic and we had an absolutely wonderful time, which was certainly a little unexpected given the nature of the undertaking! It was such a glorious location that I really wanted to post some pics on this blog but unfortunately, I forgot to take my camera (something about the leaving the house at 6am!) Some of the other people there took photos though so hopefully I can post some from them soon and tell you more about that adventure at that time.


In the meantime though, I thought I would brighten this blog with some shots from our garden. While I loved watching this little snail slide around the flower, I do not enjoy Bergen's major slug problem! Apparently the species I see everywhere in the rain (so almost every day lately) is not native and is a major pest. I didn't post a picture of them because they don't deserve it! I spent quite a few weekends digging up and preparing a nice garden bed and then planting and tending vegeteable seeds in the hope of using all the rain and long daylight hours to grow some tasty treats. Of course after the constant rain of late and my inability to be vigilent while sleeping, the slugs have eaten everything! Grrrrrrr..... can I be a still be a treehugger and dislike slugs? I guess I am not a slughugger...



Enough ranting about slugs though! The good news is that on Tuesday I will jet out of Bergen again to rendezvous with J in Prague for a four day holiday...wooohooo! J is currently in Brno watching motorbikes go round and round and from all reports, is having a fabulous time. So I believe that my next post will not be for a while but should contain lots of pics of Prague when it arrives. After a week in the stunning Norwegian mountains and before I week in the sumptuous city of Prague, I feel fantastic, and I can only hope that all who read this are also happy, healthy and breathing deep with the wonder of life. XXX

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! You know how jealous I am of your Prague venture ;) but your teaching in the mountains sounded equally fantastic! How exciting that you continue to find stimulating adventures wherever they present... :) Well, I'm leavin' on a jetplane tomorrow, so will next speak to you from America. You keep taking care Chickie, and we'll swap notes when we both get back. Lots of hugs and much love, xxx Leda

DrK said...

how is that you can speak of slugs and prague in the same post! im so glad to hear you are both well and happy. thinking of you kxxx