Saturday, October 11, 2008

Rosendal

When Liesl and I returned from our most splendid european adventure, we were blessed with the presence of my Dad for a few days. It was truly wonderful to have both my father and my sister visiting me in Bergen - it really made it feel like home. Strangely it didn't feel strange at all. Just as if they always popped in for a weekend here and there! Of course now it doesn't feel like that anymore and I sorely wish I could see all my family more often. Especially my brother, his lovely wife and their three gorgeous girls. And super especially Matilda, my new little god daughter, who because of my overseas absence I could not even be at the christening of. Anyway, such is my life at the moment and it is a life I chose so I am not allowed to complain too much, I just wanted to let everyone know that I miss them very much!

While Liesl and Dad were in Bergen, we took one day and did a boat trip out to the village of Rosendal. Here are some pics from that event...

My loved ones along the way...
Do you get the impression that is was cold? It was! It was a fjord trip in Norway afterall...

My loved ones and me and some kind of alright scenery..
Approaching Rosendal
Approaching the harbour
In Rosendal on the way to visit the Barony (sounds far more impressive than it actually is but this waterfall is far more impressive than it seems in this photo)
The Barony...not really but not far off!
In the rose garden of the Barony, very pretty, Lies and the garden!



xxx.

2 comments:

DrK said...

oh how fantastic that the three of you were there together! and in such a gorgeous part of the world! your RSS feed is working by the way. check out bloglines.com and you can subscribe to the blogs you like and it tells you when you people have posted. i can see all your posts now!

Anonymous said...

Hi Fern
Haven't looked at your blog all summer while we were in the States, but have enjoyed reading lots of it on this rainy day in NZ. Makes me want to go back to Europe to some places we have not yet explored...But first have to go to South Australia to visit Leda....
Annette