Thursday, April 12, 2007

White Easter

This year J and I experienced our first white easter. Perhaps not as sought after as a white christmas,...but for Australians it was a wonderful nonetheless.
The sight of pine trees heavy with white frosting always warms my heart, and I love that here I can enjoy it right from my own backyard.



The dogs also appeared unfazed by the flurries of falling snow - showing no signs of anywhere else they'd rather go. They sat, they sniffed, they ran around. They played, they laid, but made no sound.

Back at work the next day the people complained. "What terrible weather " I heard them all say. "I liked it" I said, "and I wish it had stayed". "It helped me to see the world a new way. A world in which the colours seem brighter. A world in which the people seem nicer. A world in which I smile for no reason, and a world in which I experience real seasons".

No comments: