Friday, June 29, 2007

Far Far Away

I have just returned from a week away in Belgium and London. Technically it was to attend a workshop and a day of lectures but most of the time was really spent sightseeing, which I enjoyed immensely. The first few days were in a city in Belgium called Leuven, which had the most amazing town hall I think I have ever seen!


It also had a fabulous cafe culture and I think I spent almost 80% of the time I was there sitting in one cafe or another drinking the fabulous belgian beer, even one that was pink and cherry flavoured if you can believe that!



In my wanderings around the city I came across an old church that was boarded up and appeared abandoned. After photographing it from all kinds of angles I learnt that they had been working on restoring it for the last 100 years. Holy cow hey! I thought it was still really beautiful even though it was apparently a wreck.



I have to run into town to meet friends for dinner (Friday nights really are my favourite!) but I promise to post more pics from Brussels and London soon. XXX to all....

1 comment:

DrK said...

what amazing buildings!! what a great time you seem to be having! i hope you really are having a good time and its all going well. will email today xxx ps you are my favourite blonde :)