Sunday, November 11, 2007

White Weekend

Hei! As you can see, we had some snow this weekend!
It has been wonderful to see the world turn white again. I have also been studiously observing the many different forms snow can take and can now understand just why it is that the eskimos have so many words for it. There can be anything from large fat floaty flakes to tiny hard hailstone like kugler, (sorry, Norwegian taking over, I mean balls) ... and of course everything in between. Now I know that people who live in areas where it snows regularly will already know all about this, but for me it has been an interesting learning curve! I am also learning about where it is safe to walk on snow and ice covered roads...a sometimes painful learning experience :)

J and I really are like kids when it snows, we get so excited! And just have to keep telling each other about it - it is really falling now, check out the size of those flakes, wow it is thick on the ground, don't the trees look pretty, etc etc etc. The dogs also love it though. They have spent lots of time this weekend rolling around making their own little snow angels in the backyard. Then they get the sillies and run around in circles like mad dogs before falling down and rolling around again. So cute.

Everything just looked so beautiful that I decided to take my camera out on my usual walk with the dogs and snap some photos of the neighbourhood. I hope you enjoy them...

This is a photo of the mountain called Ulriken, bathed in a fabulous moment of sun!



Looking across the park to Ulriken, yes that is a snowman and a grown man on a sled in the foreground - real winter fun I tell you!

One of the paths around the park...

Looking from said path back across the park to Lovstakken - the mountain we see from our backyard.

Now I also know that I promised you some pics of my beloved Kombi, so here they are...isn't she a beauty?!

Not so easy to ride in the snow though!

Wait a minute...look at me go! xxx

5 comments:

DrK said...

i love that youve gone from autum to winter in about, oh, three days! and you arent even all rugged up so you must be getting used to the cold. nice boots dr fern. indeed :)

DrK said...

ps lerve the bike :)

Trent said...

Hi Fern,

I don't get to your blog often enough. It is always spectacular to look at. I hope guys are doing great.

trent

Anonymous said...

your red kombi is great! mine is blue and i haven't met anyone else who has one!

Anonymous said...

fern,
here are pictures of my kombi. (clearly not as much fun as yours is in the snow!)
http://starcraving.wordpress.com/2007/11/27/kombi-ridersare-you-out-there/