Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Forest for the trees


I have just completed the three days of my first seminar on the 'societal and ethical implications of nanotechnology' and I have to say that my brain is now rather fried...not because it was all so complicated but more because I had to endure so many hours of boredom! That is not entirely true, some of it was very interesting and I am sure that I can spend two years of my life researching it quite happily, but as many of us know, academics are not always able to talk about and present material in an interesting and relevant manner. Of course I like to exclude myself from that category! This may be put to the test tomorrow though when I give my own seminar introducing my research to all here at the centre. Anyway, the photo for the blog today is meant to represent the busy (yet somehow beautiful) current state of my mind. Weak justification for a photo of trees perhaps but I hope you enjoy it nonetheless...

3 comments:

DrK said...

i think thats a very organised mind you have there! i think mine looks more like the decorated grass clumps. i am in the gong for a bday lunch with everyone next tues (even annie and the baby!) and then again on 9th/10th november so will hopefully see you then...good luck with your seminar, youll be great cos you always are :)

Fernicle said...

Mind like the decorated grass clumps, I love it!
I jump on a plane next Tuesday afternoon but do not make it back to Aus until Thursday morning so will miss that meeting but a BIG happy birthday to you and please give my love to all at UoW. Hopefully cath you 9th/10th!

Fernicle said...

Yes I have actually been working most of the time Dave but luckily they will be paying me for it, and today it is okay because it is so cold and wet outside. A taste of things to come I suppose, but generally the weather has been pretty good actually. Looking forward to seeing you guys soon - could we catch up next Friday night for a pizza/pub meal perhaps??