Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Those Crazy Norwegians


Okay so this picture is one I took while walking in the mountains behind Bergen. There in the middle of the forest, in a seemingly random location, there was this group of decorated clumps of grass. They had hats and eyes and stick like arms. I found them rather amusing and perhaps representative of the Norwegian sense of humour. After spending two days locked in a room with a group of people, who were primarily Norwegian, discussing the ethics of nanotechnology, I can attest to the fact that they actually do have a sense of humour - even in academic settings discussing something as dry and obscure as nanotechnology. This is a relief after experiencing the German sense of humour which has always been completely obscure to me. Although if decorated clumps of grass randomly appearing in a forest is something I find rather amusing, perhaps it is me with the obscure sense of humour?

4 comments:

DrK said...

yep thats pretty crazy. almost as bad as nailing stuffed toys to the highway between canberra and braidwood. but im glad to see you are surrounded by people of similar humour to yourself. teehee. :)

Fernicle said...

Okay so the stuffed toy thing sounds a little sadistic to me...
We will have to organise a catch up when I return in a week or so for whenever you are around. Kisses...

Fernicle said...

Can you believe it Dave, I have not seen a single elkhound since coming here - lots of dogs but not one elkhound. Very disappointing! I think we may have quite unique dogs, even over here. Although one lady did tell me that she knew a hunter who used them. I will keep posting the photos and blogs since you are enjoying them! Kisses to all at the Winner household, missing you lots!

Fernicle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.