Friday, October 20, 2006

On the street


So here is what I have learnt today...gumboots are fashion items in Norway. I have been complaining for years that they do not make interesting gumboots for adults but let me tell you, that is only because I had never been to Bergen. Here they come in all shapes and sizes, are sold in all good shoe stores and normal everyday people actually wear them out on the streets like any other shoe. I think the lace up hot pink ones were the most outrageous I have seen so far. I was, however, very seriously tempted to purchase the knee high white ones covered in butterflies! I couldn't take a picture of all the different varieties of gumboots, people would think I was strange, so you get a picture of the street instead, because that is not strange at all! Kisses...

2 comments:

Fernicle said...

Ahhh yes I remember those days Lish...although I am not sure that the Norwegians wear their gummies inside, I think that is just your special trick!

Fernicle said...

The cute gumboots I have seen have all been for adults - strangely! But if you know her European size let me know and I will keep an eye out for you!