Thursday, March 08, 2007

Comments??

Okay so I am not sure how I feel about this whole blog thing...On the one hand it is great, I get to leave messages for all my buddies so they know what I have been up to, and I get to leave pics so they can all see my new surroundings etc. What I don't like is that it is largely a one way passage of communication (the exception of course being you Kylie, a truly magnificent human being who I love, respect, appreciate and adore!) I know lots of you are visiting because you tell me you are, but what I would love, is if you could leave some kind of comment to show me that I am not doing all this for no one (except of course miss kylie who I love, respect, appreciate and adore!) Even if that note just says hi, I stopped by! I know I am sounding bossy and well, that is because I am bossy, but I am starved for news from home and love in this foreign country and want to hear from everyone! Anyway, that is my rant...

In news...I booked a flight today to spend three days in April in Phoenix Arizona. Seems a long way to go for 3 days I know but you can rest assured that it will be three hard days of smoozing. My job at this meeting is literally to network, I don't have to give a presentation or actually do anything other than impress US bigwigs in the social study of nanotechnology. Now that I think about it though, that seems like quite a task in itself, considering the size of my fish and my supremely limited knowledge about things nano...To indicate the importance of this meeting let me drop a few names,...other invited include Sheila Jasanoff and Jerry Ravetz (of funky rabbits fame). Jerry couldn't go so he invited Silvio Funtowicz, Silvio couldn't go so he invited me (because he is friends with my project manager and met me one time at band camp). This probably means nothing to anyone, but those in the STS know will understand why I might be freaking out slightly....

Anyway that is my big news for today. The pic is a shot of me in Bergen's town square, in the hope that seeing my face may guilt you all into leaving a comment :) ;) :) xxx

9 comments:

DrK said...

here i am commenting again! non bloggers tend to freak out about commenting, but if you have your settings so that anyone can comment even without a blogger ID i dont see why you arent getting inundated. deb read your blog yesterday in the office and said how lovely it is and laughed at the sauna and the fartslop and asked about the dogs, so you are being connected with! the thing that i have found, in moving away from wollongong, is that im the one who feels isolated. every so often i dont hear from people for a few days and i get upset and hate them all and dont they know im here and im lonely. but no, the selfish rats with their busy lives dont even notice im gone. sigh. but i miss them all heaps, and i miss you, but in blogland i feel like youre right there! it sounds like its all going really well and you and the dogs look right at home in the middle of the town square in a funky city in europe. yes im jealous! i wish it snowed here.....

Anonymous said...

Dr Fernando - but I love + miss you (and cups of tea and doing my cards!), and young lady, I want props for commenting (though Kylie is definitely the blog mistress of all time!) I think people are probably assuming that since you are having an adventure on the other side of the world that you're not homesick or you are too busy settling in and so on, hence not posting on your blog. I assumed that Kylie wasn't lonely or isolated - so hit people over the head and tell them so that they can write to you so you feel in touch. In short, people are idiots - you gotta tell them what up yo!
In other news, my sister had her first ultrasound on Tues and I have a photo - it has its arm up in the air like E.T. (we are calling it Elliot at the moment). And I turn 31 on Sunday.... early 30s here I come.

DrK said...

hehehehe - dr k is so right...i sit here and sulk and the fernicle says 'comment you scurvy bastards'. im commenting twice now just to stay in front of renee lol xxxx

DrK said...

me again, i have posted something on my blog esp for you fern!

Fernicle said...

Okay ladies good job - and big props to Dr K too of course!! As for deb, she is exactly the scurvy bastard I am talking about - read it, enjoyed it, commented to someone else about it but gives me no sign that she has even been....mmmm....

Trent said...

so how does one use "fartslop" in polite conversation? please use it in a sentence!

Fernicle said...

Sure Trent...Jeg kjører om et fartsløp, or even Dette er ikke et fartsløp. Helpful?

Trent said...

er um yeah

thanks

I think

Anonymous said...

Hey Fern!! This thing is cool, not sure if I am writing this comment in the right place but...
Thanks for the email with the cheap flights, we are checking that out now, and they look pretty good. Should hopefully have stuff booked within the next 2 weeks.
I cant wait to visit!!!
Hope you and J are both well.
Talk to you again very soon.
Liam