Sunday, March 04, 2007

the flat...

So I promised some people pics of our flat...This first photo shows the track leading down the side of the house that we have to take to get to our entrance. Not so exciting but should give you a sense of the outside of the house.



Next is a shot of the main bedroom. It still feels strangely empty without our pictures or personal effects (still making their way over here on the ship). What you can see from this shot though is the lovely scandinavian sauna look our bedrooms have...mmmm....saunas....the two little mats on the floor are our makeshift beds for the dogs. Of course the dogs are not stupid and when we are not home they make themselves comfortable on the real bed!


Finally I have included a shot of our second bedroom/study, and of J being cheesy! Through the window here you should get a glimpse of our view. Note again the lovely sauna effect. Fortunately the whole house is not decked out like this...most of it, but not all. I think it is to try and give you the allusion of warmth, and to remind you that you are in scandinavia.



So that is our little flat, not exactly modern, but certainly 'koselig' as the Norwegians would say. Anyone who can tell me what that means gets a big gold star!

4 comments:

DrK said...

ummm....cosy? hehehe gold star for me!!

it does look cosy tho and will be even more so when your stuff arrives. and at least its warm! and the view is something else. j's kind cute too. so lovely to see where you are. and nice new template too. crikey, and all that :)

Anonymous said...

I would have said cosy also. Actually, the wood panelling reminds me of a ski lodge. Any half-dressed blonde ski bunnies around your place, drinking bundy and rum? Ah, I'm sure I've put thoughts in J's head... and keep that second bedroom handy baby for Dr K in 2008! (via Croatia I think). Back to my job application... woe is me.

Fernicle said...

Thanks for dropping by ladies...yes cosy indeed. Second bedroom will always be free for anyone dropping in, especially those coming via croatia! On the ski bunny front, I will keep my eyes out but she will probably not be drinking alcohol because that is just too expensive here - note, if visiting J and fern buy alcohol duty free!!

Escaping The Winter Darkness said...

Sorry Dr. K, I haven't seen any half naked ski bunnies here yet although I will keep a close eye out. For that matter I guess you could class Fern as a half dressed ski bunny, just without the ski's..
We had our first language lesson tonight, my brain is fried, Dr. Fern was so cool, calm and collected about it all, bloody academics!!!!!!!!