Thursday, March 15, 2007

rain


Yes so it is raining again. J has been recording the days it has been raining and we have hit the magic number of 10 days straight! Woohoo. Today I thought I would do the Norwegian thing and just walk home in it anyway. Need those rainproof pants they all wear though, I got saturated! And forget the umbrella idea, I had one and got soaked anyway, and you constantly battle it being blown inside out. When you are as wet as you can get though, it does start to become fun, well almost...The walk still felt like the longest yet.

Hooray for the ipod nano...see nanotechnology can solve all the world's ills! Well at least the ones related to the need for distraction from discomfort during trudges home in a downpour! As Roger my project manager told me yesterday though, you can't get around the depression brought on by the weather, you have to get through it! So please, write and remind me about all the good things about the rain - I need positive affirmations! Pics from the view out my window as i sit here and write....kisses til next time....

5 comments:

DrK said...

you will be pleased to hear that we have rain here today too, not a lot of it but enough. the great thing about rain is driving home from wollongong to canberra one month ago and seeing the southern highlands still suffering under el nino. now that the naughty little boy has left, the southern highlands are the most lush beautiful green ive ever seen. even goulburn has got some. the best thing about this is that people who live in goulburn may now not have to drink their own effluent. this is a very good thing about rain, dont you think?!

Anonymous said...

Ah, make that 11 days............ I can fully appreciate the rain, especially at Goulburn, those guys really did need rain badly, and the amount we have had here in Bergen would no doubt be a welcome sight to any "inland" Australian. One thing to consider here though, as nice as the rain may be, add temperatures of four or five odd degrees and usually a very stiff wind, suddenly the niceness of it seems to disappear rather rapidly!!
It's so good to hear the Southern Highlands has once again turned into that nice lush green again, I do hope that the "rain god" continues his stay around there!!
Anyway, I'm not complaining, it's just another Bergen thing that we have to become accustomed to...I really loved your blog about the dog trials Kylie, I was very impressed, keep up the good work,,,,,,,,,,,J

Anonymous said...

I love you....xoxo My Fernie... kisses to you Carly...

Fernicle said...

Well the birthday girl leaves a comment! Hi miss carly. Love you too. Did you have a great party? Send me some photos!!!

Anonymous said...

Rain Jesus I'll take what ever you want to send. Ten days in a row. Man it rained for Ten minutes the other morning and that was a record for the past two years. Charlotte started asking when will it stop dad.