Monday, March 05, 2007

Norsk kurs

Okay here is one for all the smarty pants...since so many of you managed to work out that koselig effectively means cosy (although the director of my research centre explained it as 'cosy in a Jack Nicholson kind of way'), I thought I would post another word for you all to have a go at. So what do you think this means???


We had our first language class tonight, but unfortunately this word didn't come up. Poor J found it all a bit overwhelming but being the studious beaver I am I had done some preparation and found it not so difficult. I think already knowing German helps too. I will keep you up to date with our progress but I don't think we will be writing mountains of compelling novels in Norwegian any time soon.

Had a super chilly day today, coldest yet, with super strong winds nearly blowing me onto the road during my morning walk to work and some horizontal rain thrown in for good measure later in the day. Hopefully with spring on the way things can only get better...

Ha det bra til tomorrow!

2 comments:

DrK said...

*snigger* i found on google that its pronounced vartsloop and may be a reference to a political party of some kind? but i think youd better tell us ms language-expert!

Anonymous said...

hullo lovely fernicle, its rach here.

I reckon the mystery word means something to do with racing and speed - it loses something in the translation to english. Impressed with my language skills?!!

Now...must confess that by a wierd circumstance i walked into my office and found a strange norwegian native speaker sitting in there and got him to check out the blog site. Is that cheating?