Friday, March 02, 2007

one week...

So J and I have been here a whole week now and while discussing it last night J said that it felt like much much longer! Having spent the week working perhaps I agree. I am still not sure what it means to be researching the ethics of nanotechnology and am certainly not sure how one goes about such a task...most of the time I am just trying to look busy, highly unethical I am sure!! There is talk of sending me to the US for a meeting of bigwigs in the field next month - I would apparently be going as the European representative...are they joking?? (Coaly people you know the accent on this phrase!) Anyway it is great to feel important even if it is just a ruse....
Since I don't like to post without a pic here is one J took on his phone on one of our other walking tracks - around the local lake (frozen in this case). Note the blue sky though...very exciting!


Very much looking forward to the weekend so i can have a sleep in...working 8-4 5 days is tough, props to all those who have been doing it for so long!! J and I are having dinner with another Aussie expat here on Saturday so it will be nice to be able to say things like g'day, cobber and crickey again. Did I ever say cobber??? Kisses til next time and miss youse all....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Dr Fernando, you are a bigwig for sure! I'm sure the US won't know what hit them... nano nano. Yes the 8-4 slog can be tough... being a uni bum has its advantages for schizzle. The pics are lovely, keep posting them. It looks bloody cold - big props to you for combating the weather! Love from our gang to yours.

Fernicle said...

Dr K - flattery will get you everywhere!! Is dang cold today so will post pics from inside later on. hugs from the north pole....

Anonymous said...

Hi fern this is gretel pigs are going great but they like to bite. It looks cold but i think it would be fun out there. Haveyou gone sking yet? Mena and mogo are in the right climate.
Love gretel